If there’s one day you should splurge and hire a professional hair and makeup team, it’s your wedding day! Inevitably, your nerves will be a little out of whack and what better way to relax, and get pampered, than having the experts there to get you looking your best!
Professional hair and makeup artists are just that…artists. They come with the skills needed to ensure your hair and makeup stay fresh and intact throughout the day and into the night. They are equipped with the knowledge, the creativity, and the tools needed to bring out your best features.
- Choose a hair/makeup artist whose work you love, as well as one you connect with!
- Ask for references, and call them! Learning from others about their experiences with any vendor will make your selection process much easier.
- Do a trial run at least three weeks before your wedding! What you had originally planned for your wedding day “look” may not turn out as you expected, so you’ll want this preview before the big day to make any adjustments that might be needed!
- Thinking of getting a spray tan before the wedding? Be sure that tan is also in place for your trial run! This will have a big impact on your skin tone and what makeup colors your artist will use. And, don’t overdo it. The last thing you want in your wedding day photos is an awkward orange glow!
- Wear a white shirt, or a color that matches your wedding gown, for your trial run to ensure your color palette coincides with your attire for the big day.
- Dare to go a bit brighter and bolder! You’ll stand out more in your photographs.
- On your wedding day, wear a button down shirt so you can easily change into your gown without risking messing up your beautifully perfected hair do!
- Pad your timeline wisely! Remember, this should be a relaxing and enjoyable time during your day and you don’t want to feel rushed while getting beautified before walking down the aisle!
- Be you! Keeping up with the trends is one thing, but looking back on your wedding images, you’ll want to see YOU, not someone that was fashionable in the moment.
Photo by Alex Pegg Photography