North Carolina is full of spectacular venues for you to choose from! Here are some tips to consider when touring your options.
Of course, you want a venue that fits the theme and vision you have planned for your big day, yet there are also some other elements to consider. For example:
- Can the venue accommodate your guest count?
- Does your venue offer accommodations? If not, how close is the venue to guest accommodations, especially if you have lots of loved ones coming from out of town?
- How far is the venue from your ceremony site?
- Are their scenic spaces nearby for you and your photographer to capture some amazing wedding photos?
- Does the cost of the venue fit within your budget?
- What’s included in the rental price?
- How many hours does the rental fee include, and is there an overtime fee if your party goes longer than planned?
- Are there any hidden fees that may increase your expense, such as chairs, tables, and linens?
- What is the payment plan, when is it due, and is it refundable?
- What is the venue’s cancellation process?
- Do they have a weather contingency (backup) plan for outdoors spaces?
- Does the venue provide ample parking for your guests, including handicap spots if needed?
- Will there be other events taking place the same time that may interfere with yours?
- Do they offer valet service?
- Do they have a list of ‘preferred’ caterers, or can I hire my own?
- Is the venue staff friendly and professional?
- Is the venue clean and welcoming, including restrooms?
- What services do they offer, such as security services and coat check, and is this included in the price?
- What hands-on assistance will the venue staff handle on the day of your wedding?
- Are there any décor restrictions?
- Will the staff be involved with setting up and breaking down the décor?
- Do they offer spaces for the wedding party to get dressed?
Explore your options before booking a venue, unless you know, without a doubt, it’s the venue you want. If your heart is set on one venue, be flexible with your date and book early!