You’re engaged! Congratulations! Undoubtedly one of the most exciting times in your life, which calls for lots of celebrating and jump starting your wedding planning adventure! So, what next? Here’s our top 12 things to do after you get engaged!
- Call or visit you mom and dad! They deserve the honor of hearing the news first! A phone call is nice, but if the situation presents itself for you to share the news in person, perhaps with a bottle of champagne to celebrate, the memory will be even more special!
- Call other friends and family! Before you go social media crazy sharing your excitement, make sure you’ve personally let those closest to you know to avoid hurting anyone’s feelings by having them find out via social media.
- Treat yourself to a manicure! No doubt you will be showing off the new sparkling adornment on your finger, so have the beautiful nails to go with it!
- Make a visit to your jeweler to get your ring sized, appraised and insured! Engagement rings are a big investment. Keep it protected!
- Set a date for the big day! Even if you’re unable to immediately pinpoint an exact day for your wedding, try to narrow down a month or season because the first question people will be asking is, ‘When are you getting married?’!
- Start thinking about your guest list to get a general idea of how large your wedding will be. The number of guests will be an important element when it comes to budgeting and researching venue options that can accommodate your guest count.
- Set a budget! It’s easy to get carried away with the various details of planning a wedding, but you’ll want to be realistic about what you can afford. The last thing you want is to spend years after the honeymoon paying for a wedding that you couldn’t really afford.
- Begin your venue tour! Deciding where to host your celebration should be fun, but you’ll also want to be diligent with your search. Visit several options, ask lots of questions about what each has to offer and take good notes about what you like, what you don’t like, pricing, services offered, etc. Being informed will help you determine which venue is right for you.
- Spend time reading bridal magazines! You’ll enjoy the many tips, trends, inspiration and real featured weddings to help jump start your own planning. The internet can become quite overwhelming when it comes to finding quality wedding professionals in your area. We’ve done the work for you, so get started on investigating the wedding professionals that will fit with your desires and needs.
- Consider hiring a wedding planner! Having a planner to help schedule, manage and coordinate the various moving parts of planning a wedding will allow you the opportunity to truly enjoy the ride and relish in the true meaning of this oh so special time!
- Create a wedding website! It’s the perfect way to share your love story and provide details about your upcoming wedding, reception, registries and more. Your family and friends will love having a place to stay up-to-date on all the exciting happenings!
- Have regular date nights that aren’t consumed with wedding talk! It’s easy to get caught up with wedding planning, so keep it a priority to spend time together – just the two of you, to enjoy just the two of you.
Photo by Ashley Stone Photography